Skip to main content

Translating SPM cert

Got my SPM cert translated for RM10 at Lembaga Peperiksaan yesterday. Took quite a drive, and with the recent and sudden toll hike, it was RM20 for toll driving from IKEA area to Putrajaya. Putting avoid toll options on google map will save a few couple of bucks. Positive news was the process itself was very quick, in less than 10 minutes, my cert was translated and certified by the Assistant Director of the Examination Syndicate, as the true certified copy. I actually thought the cert is an original translated copy and hence need not to be certified. I am still thinking the same.

Drove to the Taman Duta branch before to check in, but according to the security, this branch only deals with 'confidential' information. So putrajaya it was, and the parking there was very shocking to me. it was quite confusing to see where the parking spots are, and many cars were parked surrounding the front of the all the kementrian office's entrances. The flow was pretty bad in there. Had some time to sight see before driving into block E11, there are definitely many rooms for improvements.

Been through some other options before lembaga, such as getting a list of embassy approved translators, and even self-translation, the former is plausible but it was too expensive compared to lembaga option, and the latter was obviously just something for me to have fun and retrain my bahasa-english language translation skills.

Hope posting this will save you time and money on translating your cert that I've voluntarily invested in. Also took a picture of how the terjemahan sijil looks like!
Blurring it a little bit for some discretion :D



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I wish to pursue my undergraduate studies overseas too, and just like how you were, I need to translate my SPM and STPM certificates to english before I can get the confirmation from the consul in the embassy. Can I translate the certificates myself? STPM certificate translation is too expensive and time consuming.

    Look forward for your reply as well as your advice. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check with the institutions if they recognise self-translated certs. Usually they require some approved sources for legitimacy.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karee, may I know if I get the SPM CERTIFICATE translated immediately? How long for process to take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was done within minutes when I was at the office. The time consuming part was looking for the place and getting parking.

      Delete
    2. ohhh does it mean like you just go to the office and get it translated? i saw someone said we can apply it online, but the fees is RM30 💀

      Delete
  5. Hi Karee, I was wondering if you know whether I could do this online or through post as I am living in Sweden and I am not able to go to Putrajaya. I really need my official translation of my SPM cert ASAP as they did not accept my original version eventhough it already had the translation of the subjects in English. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem as well. Have you found the solution yet?

      Delete
    2. Hi, were you able to get the translation done?

      Delete
  6. This is useful information as I need to get my SPM cert translated for an application. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi what are the documents should I bring along?only my SPM results is enough?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to translate my SPM to English.i need your guide.email me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What a wig!

When we see ourselves in the mirror everyday, 9 out of 10 times we will definitely involuntarily do something with our hair, either touch it, fiddle with it, or etc. And human's one kind of creature who loves new things. We get bored with our current hairstyle. So, we cut our hair. Perm it. Rebound it. Dye it. Gel it. Wax it. Some even go to the extent to Bead it (its quite cute anyway). BUT! This modern age has given us an opportunity to change our hairstyle in no time-thanks to d WIGS! And since I was waiting for my mum, I really didnt mind to try on some new hairstyle. Dont I just look like CORDIN BLEU? If i got dark skin I think I can look like a pretty decent black... This look like the hairstyle I got when I was in Form 3. Sudden change. Previously curly long  hair. Then, BAAM! Hmmm. This one...Broom?Poodle? And this one is my favourite! So I've decided to use it as my profile picture! hahahaha Whats next? HAHAHAHA.My sister and I laughed like hell whe

Study Visit to Dewan Negeri Selangor

Everything happens for a reason. Everybody would tell you that. For me, I tell myself that quite often enough to remind myself, that everything that happens around me, is a sign of where I should be turning my head to. Of course, you can say 'like attracts like', and that is also probably another reason how I found out about this organised study visit to the Selangor State Assembly. The fruitful visit - organised by Adrian Yeo, who has also founded Power Shift Malaysia, a youth organisation where the younger generation strives to redeem the public attention towards the climate crisis - is a testimony of why I should be convinced that waking up early on a Monday morning, and driving one hour to Shah Alam to visit a mundane-looking governmental organisation is worth every pounce of the effort. Why is it fruitful? There was a time where I always wonder, what is so amazing about watching something live? What has being physically there for band concert, a sport match, or an orc